Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

There's no place like home...



Yes, I was gone for a while.....beeeeeeg ole life changes in the works, but baby, I'M hoooooome!  Crack open the bubbly, and bring out the kitchen gadgets! Let's just say that attempting to publish on certain less-than-user-friendly sites was not my favorite endeavor. Also, the whole "lack of the planet blowing up" has given me a new outlook on life! Tee-hee! On to today's subject; lovely, comforting, cobbler.  I was cruising the fabulous Ree Drummonds' blog, and happened upon her Blackberry Cobbler 2 recipe. Click here to spoon some up for yourself.  My problem is this-I am not living on a beautiful ranch and feeding a large bunch like Ree, it's just Dear Husband and I. Could I cut the recipe in half and have it come out just as well?  Here's how mine went.  Get your players on the field....
 
 
 
From left to right; sugar, flour, lemon, egg, baking powder, salt, blackberries, butter, shortening, and milk. Yup, that's it! One of the things I really liked about this recipe was how quick and easy it was/is to throw together a really nice, warm, delicious dessert!  Rinse your blackberries..
 
 
Then, toss on your sugar, lemon rind and lemon juice.
 
 
Now, mix together your flour, salt and baking powder. Then, cut in your shortening and butter with a pastry cutter, or two forks....or your (impeccably clean) hands. Note to waist-watchers, this recipe goes very lightly on the butter and sugars...and hey, it's got FRUIT! It's got to be healthy, right?
 
 
 
Beat the egg with the milk....
 
 
And add to the flour mixture. Mix until you have a rather sticky dough...
 


Then, using a large spoon, dollop in lovely mounds on top of your berry mixture, which has been placed into a buttered baking dish.

 
 
Lightly flatten the mounds of dough, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar...
 
 
Then, bake for only thirty minutes at 325 degrees....the results?
 
 
Oh yeah! We are talking some yum-tacular delicious-ness here! I will make this again and again. I'm going to try it with cherries, next! As it cooled a tad, I gently pressed down on the biscuit part of the cobbler, and it soaked up even more of the wonderful berry juices.  I had to guild the lily a bit for my serving...
 
 
Yes, it tasted every bit as good as it looks.
 
Well, I must say, I'm glad to be home! Stay tuned for the big announcement, and for a step-by-step pictorial on creating a holiday meal including dessert, without breaking the bank, or a sweat, for that matter. Eat well, my friends....
 
Love and kindness to all,
 
Pixie


No comments:

Post a Comment