Powered By Blogger

Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Laundry and Lunches


Today is an interesting Sunday in the food-centric household I run. I almost feel sorry for Dear Husband, as he naps, I have food in the oven, food-related magazines strewn about the living room, and the Food Network on TV. Since I made him pizza from scratch last night, however, I don't feel TOO bad. :)


Realizing that my energy level during the work week enables me to come home, cook a meal, and not much else, and still wanting to eat uber-healthy during the week, I spent this morning creating a delicious dish for the work week. WHILE completing 5 loads of laundry! (The washers in our building have the capacity of a flipping thimble, I tell ya!)


I've been cruising vegan websites in an effort to create healthier lunches, and the creativity involved with such endeavors always impresses me. The dish below is from sweet SusanV over at http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/ and is called Collards stuffed with red beans and rice.



The mixture that gets stuffed into the blanched and cooled collard leaves was so tasty, I could not stop snacking on it!  Can you imagine how happy my little lunch box will be all week? Later today, I'm also making felafel for some nice felafel wraps with tomato tortillas and lots of crunch!  I will have varied and tasty lunches all week, even if it takes a chunk of my Sunday.  So worth it both in terms of healthy eating, and monetary savings.  Eat well my friends, take some time to create something you are proud of, and remember gorge consume wisely.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, even the folks in my office found the aroma of these amazing. Deslish!

    ReplyDelete