Powered By Blogger

Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Salad Days...

 
 
Let us just say, that returning to the workforce has been...um, rather detrimental to my waistline. Yeah, that's the polite way to say either; A: I'm packing on the pounds faster than humanly possible, or B; I bring enough food to work to feed a small village. Ahem. With that in mind, I busted out my cute new take-to-work salad kit. Only $3.97 (at Wally World, if you get my drift)!
 
 
 
Is it not cute? it came with two salad bowls, two different-color lids, two dressing cups, and even it's own fork!
 

 
I'm dying from the cuteness! Anyhoo, since I'm all about being good today, I started with a base of nice, crunchy romaine...
 

 
 
Then, put sunflower seeds in one of the dressing cups for some crunch, and dried blueberries in the other dressing cup, for a little sweetness. Oh no ~ those cups are simply NOT large enough for the amount of dressing this Pixie requires...
 

 
 
I layered in some beautiful vegetables ~ from left to right...

 
Cherry tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, shredded carrot, bleu cheese, hearts of palm, and some green olives. The UBER close-up? Why certainly.....
 

 
Rest assured, I will not feel deprived when I munch on down with this tasty lunch today! Oh, and making sure Dear Husband eats his veggies, too...was a cinch...

 
I poured in his favorite raspberry vinaigrette, salt and pepper, and sealed it up for him to snack on. Now, the moral of this story is that, although it DID take me a good fifteen minutes of my morning to put this together, let's look at it this way.....I was already in the kitchen, placing supper in the slow cooker, and just exactly what do you think you'd pay at a nice restaurant for these salads? That's right, probably about ten to fifteen bucks. I think not! That's money I could use for.....hmmmm....more pleasurable pursuits...garden plants, garden seeds, garden soil...oh, well, you get the idea.
 
 
Eat well, my friends. Eat healthy, and save your dollars, too! Love and kindness to all,
 
Pixie


No comments:

Post a Comment